Hi! My name is Jen Sorge and I am the mom of 20-year-old triplets and an ADHD Coach who works with students from middle school through college, young adults, parents and families.
My passion for coaching stems from raising two ADHD children and understanding the daily challenges and rewards of having ADHD. Through this experience, I have learned so much and want to give back to others whose lives and families have been impacted by ADHD.
My experience with ADHD began when my son was diagnosed with combined-type ADHD at 8 years old. With him, I have navigated elementary, middle, high school and college and the challenges that each level presents as well as the difficulties each transition brings. I have participated in annual IEP meetings, ensuring that his accommodations were set, acted as a liaison with teachers and staff, and created a structure at home to facilitate his success as both a learner and a connected family member.
One of my daughters was diagnosed with inattentive ADHD at 16 years old. She had been under the radar for years as she was also identified as gifted, so she did not present with significant symptoms until the more difficult workload later in high school created an achievement gap for her. Navigating a late diagnosis and a 504 plan for her had its challenges but proved to be important for her success.
Through raising two ADHD kids, I understand the challenges that ADHD youth face each day and I also know the difficulties that ADHD can present to parents and to the family unit. I am so passionate about ADHD coaching and working with families that I decided to get my ADHD Coach Training, so that I could formally practice what I love to do every day! If you would like to talk with me, please complete the Contact Me page of our website. I look forward to connecting with you to see how we might work together.
- Certified Professional Coach - Center for Coaching Certification
- ADHD Parent Coach Academy Training – PTS Coaching
- Executive Function Training – Executive Skills in School-Aged Children
- I was also personally coached for 5 years, in addition to participating in a 6-months ADHD Parent Coaching and Support Group, so I understand how coaching can make a difference in people’s lives
- Bachelor of Arts: Psychology/Spanish/Journalism, University of Arizona
- Master of International Management, Thunderbird School of Global Management